Monday, December 1, 2008


Masters of the House


I have to admit that my initial posting was NOT the jaws-a-dropping example of splendiferousness that I had hoped. I got so caught up in trying to figure out how to edit the layout and put pictures where I wanted them that I ran out of steam before I got the whole mess just right. If there is such a thing as "right." 'SNORK'










I even neglected to get the picture of my kitties on the page at all! So, see the above - the adult kitties, and also a shot when they were only 10 weeks old. If the boys were aware of my neglect, I am sure there would be claw marks in my silk shirts right about now ( caught ya, didnt I - I dont have any silk shirts!! :>) So, in penance for my "forgot the cats" sin, I will devote this post to Siggi and Roy.



Here they are in a typical spot when they were
itsy bittsies - in a BOX! Which apparently led to a habit that started later in life. :>)










The boys are twins, now 3 years old and weigh about 20 lbs each (yes, yes, a tad bit overweight - but not really FAT!) I know they MUST have some Maine Coon blood in them somewhere to account for their humongousness, but really, they are just a couple of mutts. Beautiful mutts, but nonetheless - far from pedigreed.




They never growl, dont meow much and mostly talk to me in little murdles and morts. They chase each other around the house, up and down the stairs, and rough-house on their old red oriental rug which lies next to my bed. Let me tell you - if they really get into it there can be a very heavy grayish cast to the whole urg, even ONE DAY after I thoroughly vacuumed it. Yup, the fur can fly - but they never actually hurt each other.




Anyhow - one kitty pastime is chewing up cardboard
boxes. Maybe that's why they don't growl - they take out all their adolescent aggression on a 2-foot square box. The dust pan gets a workout regularly, sweeping up bits of cardboard spit out by Roy in the heat of one of his box-attacks. I have never before seen a cat who methodically destroys boxes. Perhaps I should enter him in the X-games!




So that's a quick peek at the boys. They do lots of other things to keep me on my toes - see the pic of young Roy playing with the water in the sink. He
recently re-enacted this idiocy when there was a
slight flood in the basement - he sat down in an
inch of water, getting soaked in the process, and played chase with a piece of yarn floating in front of him!





Before I sign off for today I'll include another one of my cat drawings. This one is of a long-haired beauty named Whiskey. Such a whistful look, I couldnt resist drawing him. I think he would make a great greeting card of some kind.


Please let me know if you like my drawings.
























































































































No comments: